2018 Heart of the Hudson Valley Bounty Festival Rules & Regulations
DATE: Saturday, October 6, 2018 (rain date: October 7)
PLACE: Cluett-Schantz Memorial Park, Route 9W, Milton, NY
VENDOR FEES: Craft/Business Vendor (1 Space): $30; Craft/Business Vendor (2 spaces): $60; Craft/Business Vendor — MMiM Member (1 space): $20; Craft/Business Vendor — MMiM Member (2 spaces): $40; Food/Restaurant Vendor (1 space): $30; Food/Restaurant Vendor (2 spaces): $60; Food/Restaurant Vendor — MMiM Member (1 space): $20; Food/Restaurant Vendor — MMiM Member (2 spaces): $40; Festival Demonstrator without table: No Fee ($30 security deposit required, refunded after event appearance); Festival Demonstrator with Table: $30; Festival Demonstrator with 2 Tables: $60; Festival Demonstrator with Table — MMiM Member: $20; Festival Demonstrator with 2 Tables — MMiM Member: $40; Flea Market Vendor: $30.
- Vendor Fee is due and payable at the time the fully completed contract is returned to Festival Management. Vendor understands that once Festival Management accepts Vendor as a participant, THE VENDOR FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If Vendor Fee is posted marked after the contract deadline below, the Vendor will need to add a $10 to non-refundable fee.
- The Fee entitles vendors to a 10’ x 10’ space.
CONTRACT DEADLINE: Thursday, September 21, see item #2 above
NEW YORK STATE SALES TAX: VENDOR must possess a valid N.Y.S. Sales I.D. Number, IF APPLICABLE, and provide Event Management with a photocopy of a current permit issued by the N.Y.S. Sales Tax Bureau. VENDOR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS CERTICIATE, IF APPLICABLE, and must be displayed by VENDOR during event hours.
For Insured Vendors/Participants – must furnish Event Management with a NYS Certificate of Insurance with liability limit of no less than $1,000,000 and shall name both
• Town of Marlborough (21 Milton Turnpike, Suite 200, Milton, NY 12547)
• AND Meet Me in Marlborough (P.O. Box 1139, Marlboro, NY 12542) as “additional insured”
For Non-Insured Vendors/Participants:
If you do not have insurance you will need to check off the Hold Harmless section on the application.
Vendor booth setup will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, October 7 and your vehicle must be moved to the Vendor Parking area by 9:30 am. The park will be closed to vendor car traffic from 9 am – on. It may be possible this year for Vendors to set up tents and tables/fixtures the night before. Festival Management is working to get security for overnight hours. Please check off application if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity. You will be notified if option is available.
- The Festival gates are open to the public from 10:00 am-4:00 pm. Your booth exhibit must be in order by 9:30 am. Vendors may not break down booths before 4:00pm. To insure pedestrian safety, vendors and their staffs’ cars will not be allowed on festival walkways before 4:00 pm and will not be allowed to leave the park before 4 pm.
- Vendors will be open for business from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm regardless of the weather. The Festival Management must approve any deviation from posted hours.
DECORATIONS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Tent/canopy sides are not required but are recommended for your booth. This always makes for a professional appearance.
- At the end of the Festival, your area must be left as you found it with all refuse bagged/tied and disposed of in the designated location.
Pets will not be permitted on the Festival Grounds. Exception only for service/guide dogs accompanying visually or otherwise impaired individuals.
NO MEDICINAL ITEMS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED FOR USE OR SALE.
There will be no HAWKING or SELLING/GIVING AWAY OF NON PACKAGED FOOD.
FOOD VENDORS and their respective staff/visitors MUST CONDUCT AND DRESS THEMSELVES IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AT ALL TIMES. No hawking or yelling will be permitted.
FOOD VENDORS must provide food and maintain the booth until 4:00 p.m. No Food Vendor may break down and leave early unless asked to do so by the Festival Management. Food Vendor space should be decorated with a fall bounty theme. A main food tent will be included in the vendor’s fee.
FOOD VENDORS must provide their own:
- Power, i.e. generator/grill
- Linens (preferably white full length).
- Plastic utensils, cookware, and plates or bowls
- Container for carrying water (while potable water source is available near the tent, Vendor shall provide own container for transport)
FOOD VENDORS must supply the Festival Management with a list of items that will be or sold. You and/or your representatives and/or staff MAY NOT sell any food item that has not been cleared with Festival Management.
FOOD VENDORS must apply for their own Temporary Food Service Permit at a cost of $50. It will need to be displayed at your booth during festival hours and produced upon request of the Ulster County Board of Health inspector.
PERMIT APPLICATION AVAILABLE HERE
DECORATIONS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Your booth must be maintained and decorated in a professional manner.
- All signage must look professional. I.e. computer generated on paper, no handwriting.
- At the end of the Festival, your area must be left as you found it with all refuse bagged/tied and disposed ofin the festival designated location; dispose of wastewater at designated waste water disposal locations; removeand dispose of oil and grease off-site at an approved location; place all recyclables at designated recycling bins.
- Failure to do so will result in a $100 fine charged to the Food Vendor, which must be paid in full withinthree business days after the festival.
- The Festival Management will inspect each food booth area for cleanliness at the end of the event and Food Vendor must pass festival inspection before departing.